what is a dental crown or cap
Dental Crowns and bridges are the most usual restoration work in dentistry. RK dental practice offers porcelain fused to metal, zirconia crowns and E max crowns and bridges as well.
Dental Crowns are an ideal way to rebuild teeth which have been broken, or which have been weakened by decay or a very large filling. The crown fits over the remaining part of the tooth, making it strong and giving it the shape and the contour of a natural tooth.
we offer high quality metal ceramic and metal free crowns that are fabricated in world class dental labs like katara dental, illusion dental mumbai, DENTCARE kerela and precision lab (mohali).
Dental Crown Procedure
Dental Crown treatment is arranged in the following steps according to the results of the consultation:
. Preparation of the teeth
• Taking the impression
• Insertion of the Temporary Crown
• Construction of the Crown
• Insertion of the final Crown
During your first visit the dentist will prepare the teeth to provide space for an easy fit for the crowns.
An impression of your teeth is taken which is used to construct your crown. A temporary crown is then fitted onto the teeth.
On your next visit the dentist removes the temporary crown and fits the permanent crown onto the teeth.
Post crown cementation instructions.
- Do not eat or drink for 30 mintes
- After 30 minutes u can eat anything but from the other side because it takes around 6 hours for the cement used to fix your crown to gain its full strength.
- Practice routine oral hygiene measures from the next day including flossing and brushing for long life of your dental crowns.
For more information you can click on the link below to add to your knowledge .