Root Canal Treatment
IF You are looking to get your root canal treatment in chandigarh then you are at the right place.
Root canal treatment, also known as endodontic treatment, is the process of removing infected, injured or dead pulp from your tooth. The space inside the hard layers of each tooth is called the root canal system. This system is filled with soft dental pulp made up of nerves and blood vessels that help your tooth grow and develop.
A Healthy Tooth When bacteria (germs) enter your tooth through deep cavities, cracks or flawed fillings, your tooth can become abscessed. An abscessed tooth is a tooth with an infection in the pulp. If pulp becomes infected, it needs to be removed. An abscessed tooth may cause pain and/or swelling. Your dentist may notice the infection from a dental x-ray or from other changes with the tooth. If left untreated, an abscessed tooth can cause serious oral health problems.
Removing the Infected/Inflamed Tissue
Modern root canal treatments are virtually painless.
- During the procedure your tooth to be treated is anaesthetised.
- after anesthesia the tooth to be treated is isolated using a rubber dam( we use rubber dam for all our restorative and endodontic cases) the dam prevents any accidental swallowing of sharp instruments and chemicals from entering your throat.
- under microscope an acess cavity as small as possible is made to preserve your tooth strength
- rotory instruments are used to remove the nerve from the tooth
- gutta percha is used to seal the root canal space 3 dimensionally to prevent regrowth of bacteria.
- composte restoration is used to seal the acess cavity.
- pain meds(antiinflamatories) are prescribed for 2 to 3 days to take care of any post operative discomfort.
A crown, sometimes called a cap, looks like a natural tooth. It is placed over the top of the tooth and is cemented into place.
What else should I know?
Root canal treatment may be done in 1 or 2 appointments. After root canal treatment, your tooth may be tender for the first week or two. Bad pain or swelling are NOT common. If this happens, call your dentist or endodontist.
You can still get a cavity or gum disease after a root canal treatment. Root canal treatment does not protect your tooth from other types of damage. With proper care and regular dental visits, the tooth could last as long as your other teeth.
Most of the time, a tooth that has had a root canal treatment can be saved. However, there are cases where everything possible has been done to save a tooth and still the tooth must be extracted (pulled).
Root Canal specialist Dentist in Chandigarh
Root Canal Treatment in Chandigarh, offered at Rk dental practice by Highly Trained Endodontist. Best RCT dentist and World class solution for Root Canal Treatment.